CompTIA A+ Certification
Takoda’s CompTIA A+ certification training builds on the existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer hardware to present fundamental skills and concepts applicable on the job. This course helps the student acquire the essential skills and information needed to install, upgrade, repair, configure, troubleshoot, optimize, and perform preventative maintenance of basic personal computer hardware and operating systems.
Students taking this certification prep course must have at least six months of full-time computer experience within the last five years or must have successfully completed Takoda’s Computer Support Specialist program or a similar degree. In addition, students should have the following skills:
Self-support skills with Windows-based personal computers including the ability to:
- Start up and shut down the computer
- Log on to a computer and computer network
- Install and run programs
- Move, copy, delete, and rename files in Windows Explorer
- Browse and search for information on the Internet
Solid foundation of knowledge of computing concepts including:
- The difference between hardware and software.
- The functions of software components, such as the operating system, applications, and file systems.
- The function of a computer network.
- The ability to disassemble and/or reassemble a personal computer on your own.
This course is offered tuition-free through scholarships provided by the US Department of Labor. Candidates who pass the class and pass the practice exams are eligible for one complimentary voucher per test to achieve their CompTIA A+ Certification. Candidates are also available to purchase a discounted voucher through the school if they have to retake a test. The discounted cost for the CompTIA A+ Certification is $86 per testing voucher .
This class is open to current Takoda students and the general public. Students must complete and submit all assessments and enrollment paperwork.
Next CompTIA A+ class is: This Spring
Please contact Stephanie Nicks for more information.
For questions or to enroll call 612.341.3358 ext. 126 or attend a campus visit.