CompTIA N+ Certification
The objective of Takoda’s free CompTIA N+ certification course is to provide students with a well-defined regimen to successfully pass the CompTIA N+ certification examination. CompTIA N+ is an industry credential that endorses the knowledge and skills of professionals in the IT support and services field. This certification preparation course is geared toward entry-level IT professionals working in a PC, Network, Call Center or Desktop Support environments.
Students taking this certification prep course must have at least six months of full-time computer experience in the past 5 years or must have successfully completed Takoda’s Computer Support Specialist program or a similar degree. In addition, students should have the following skills::
- Network technologies including ports, routing, and wireless communication
- Network media and topology including connectors, cable guidelines for installation and distribution
- Network devices including switches and specialized devices
- Network management including OSI model layers, performance optimization and troubleshooting
- Network tools including hardware and command line interfaces
- Network security including layering, filtering, tunneling, authentication, encryption and firewalls
This course is offered tuition-free through scholarships provided by the US Department of Labor. Candidates who pass the class and pass the practice exam are eligible for one complimentary voucher to achieve their CompTIA N+ Certification. Candidates are also available to purchase a discounted voucher through the school if they have to retake the test. The discounted cost for the CompTIA N+ Certification is $133 per testing voucher .
This course is offered tuition-free through scholarships provided by the US Department of Labor. The course is open to current Takoda students and to the general public. All students will need to complete necessary assessments and paperwork to enroll.
Next CompTIA N+ class is: This Spring
Please contact Stephanie Nicks for specific dates.
For more information, call 612.341.3358 or attend a campus visit.